Hello to all our wonderful MQ members. Many thanks to all of you who volunteered this past month. We need and appreciate all of you. All volunteers need to record their hours on the white slips at the meetings. We had 299 volunteer hours recorded for the first half of our fiscal year. Keep up the good work!
Nancy Hall, Volunteer Coordinator
Current Volunteer Help Wanted
If any of you are interested in the following positions or have questions about them, please send an email to email@example.com or talk to the Volunteer Coordinator, Nancy Hall, at the meetings. If you would like to volunteer for a position that is not listed, please let us know.
We need one or two at each meeting to greet visitors and new members to make them feel welcome. See Gail Hanson at the Membership desk.
If you like scrapbooking this might be the job for you. It is an off board position under the direction of the Education Directors.
• Keep scrapbook of each year of MQ history.
• Preserve articles and pictures of MQ members (or keep reference information) in magazines, newspapers, etc. for future reference.
• Keep a complete image collection of each annual quilt show. Such collection, provided by show committee, cataloged with quilt and quilter’s name.
If you have experience in Public Relations, either from your volunteer work or from your career, this might be the position for you. It is an off-board position working with the Communications Directors.
- Work with Communications Directors and Membership Directors to promote MQ.
- Send notices of MQ meetings to other organizations and Quilt shops.
- Prepare info packets for MQ members to take to local guild meetings.
- Put notices of meetings in newspapers when program is of interest to general public, at the direction of the board.
MQ Volunteer of the Year
Each year we solicit nominations from members for the Outstanding Volunteer. This is a special recognition of a member who exemplifies the spirit of volunteerism at Minnesota Quilters. The award is presented at the April meetings. Nominations can be sent at any time to any member of the Board of Directors.