How can YOU help make Minnesota Quilters happen?
Minnesota Quilters is a volunteer organization. We need you!
We have many volunteer tasks that range from a couple hours of simple (but needed) tasks to multi-year commitments.
- We always have hundreds of volunteer slots for our annual show - both before, during and after the show.
- We have many ways you can help with our Quilting For Others program – sewing tops or quilting them or binding them, even ironing! We provide all the materials.
- Hybrid (in-person and Zoom at the same time) meeting help – from making coffee, holding & folding, photographing, to greeting attendees, to running technical equipment (training provided)
- Zoom meetings – simple Zoom hosting
- Simple pop-up jobs for the Board or office staff or activities/programs we sponsor
- Various committee activities
- Minnesota Quilters Board positions
- The list goes on!
Volunteer committee needs will be advertised in the newsletter as well as on the SignUpGenius link below. If any of you are interested in any of the positions or have questions about them, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to one of the Volunteer Coordinators at the meetings. If you would like to volunteer for a position that is not listed, please let us know. We need you, remember this is a volunteer organization!
SignUpGenius is software we use to make it easy to sign up for any of our volunteer opportunities. When you click on the image below you'll notice other tabs on the page. You can sign up for any of those volunteer positions.
MQ Outstanding Volunteer
Each year we solicit nominations from members for the Outstanding Volunteer. This is a special recognition of a member who exemplifies the spirit of volunteerism at Minnesota Quilters. The award is presented at the April meetings. Nominations can be sent at any time to any member of the Board of Directors.
- 2007: Joanne Holzknecht
- 2008: Karen O’Brien
- 2009: Martha Eaves
- 2010: David Shattuck
- 2011: Kathie Simon Frank
- 2012: Doris Kraemer
- 2013: Karen Kopitzke
- 2014: Char Wenger
- 2015: Mary Pozzini
- 2016: Ruth Herbst
- 2017: Laura Nagel
- 2019: Patricia Curtner
- 2020: Loretta Stone
- 2021: Diane Rose
- 2022: Kelly Willis
- 2023: Linda Wines